POLITICAL CORNER - The Heart of a Patriot - Article by Alex Tosin


The fact that I love my country so dearly has never been in doubt,disbelieve and quandary. I love Nigeria the country of my birth, This is my country! Grandest on earth , for this is my country to have and to hold. A land of enormous hope and promises impregnated of supremely dynamite, proficient and clever citizens and so blessed with a variety of resources that makes other less rosy and less fortunate nations accuse God of dish or of been partial as it may be. I love this nation and does God. The blood of loyalty breeze unceasingly through my streak or veins. Just recently at my place of IT(industrial Training) one of the IT student in blessed memory passed away. The IT student where then summoned for a meeting with the DG of the institution. On the point of starting, we sang the national anthem. And then in my usual brainstorming that can carry me from thinking about the next Chelsea FC match to becoming to a senator of my dear state(you know random thoughts that just grow legs and fly). But then I don't know may be it's me or do you get that kind of feeling too when you read the words of the first national anthem and they strike you like you are reinforced and hold on to the promises that where made when we first became Nigeria. To all the people throughout its history who have fought the government to make right, our fore mothers and forefathers comes singing through slaughter, came through he'll and high water so that we could stand her. On a final note#FOR THIS IS MY COUNTRY NIGERIA!!! TO HAVE AND TO HOLD#

Comments