Godwin Odiko's EPL MD 2 Predictions

 


I am back to give you all my expert takes on all the EPL games slated for the weekend. So after a very intriguing start to the season last weekend, which team look set to grab victory this weekend? Read further to find out.



Brighton vs Manchester United 

Brighton who are top of the league going into this clash after their 3-0 drubbing of Everton last weekend will be looking to get something out of this match. 

However, Manchester United also will be looking to consolidate on their 1-0 victory over Fulham last weekend in this game. The Red Devils won 2-0 on this ground the last time both teams met. So Erik Ten Hag will be admonishing his men to repeat same feat here.

I think this is going to be a very tough game for both sides as Brighton have always been a difficult opponent for Manchester United in recent years. Nevertheless, I will advise punters to stake on Manchester United to win or draw.

Godwin Odiko's correct score prediction: Brighton 1-2 Manchester United 



Manchester City vs Ipswich 

I think Ipswich will be lucky to still be in the game at halftime. I know Ipswich has got a good manager in Kieran McKenna but the quality of this Manchester City side is just unfathomable.

This is going to be Manchester City's first home game of the season and they won't want to disappoint their fans. So I am going for a very comfortable Manchester City win here.

Godwin Odiko's correct score prediction: Manchester City 3-0 Ipswich 



Tottenham vs Everton

I think Tottenham should have won at Leicester last Monday after dominating the game. However, they will be looking to right all the wrongs from last match here. Everton will try to give a fight but I think Tottenham will have too much for them on Saturday. I am going for a Tottenham win.

Godwin Odiko's correct score prediction: Tottenham 2-1 Everton



Crystal Palace vs West Ham

Crystal Palace will be looking to bounce back from their 2-1 defeat at Brentford last weekend. However, I think West Ham will get something here also after losing at home to Aston Villa last Saturday. I can't separate this two sides so I am going to go for a draw here.

Godwin Odiko's correct score prediction: Crystal Palace 1-1 West Ham 



Fulham vs Leicester City 

This is going to be an interesting game on Saturday. Fulham were solid against Manchester United last Friday and were unfortunate to lose the game by a slim margin. They will be looking to impress in front of their home fans in this one. However, Leicester City are no push overs after impressing in the Championship last season and also getting a point off Tottenham last Monday. I think this game will end in stalemate.

Godwin Odiko's correct score prediction: Fulham 1-1 Leicester City 



Southampton vs Nottingham Forest 

I tipped Southampton to return to the Championship in my last article. I really do not see them posing any threat to teams in the Premier League this season. I am going to tip Nottingham Forest to get something out of this game. So I am going for Forest to win or draw.

Godwin Odiko's correct score prediction: Southampton 1-2 Nottingham Forest 



Aston Villa vs Arsenal 

This clash will be the biggest this match day as these two top sides clash on Saturday evening. Aston Villa did the double over Arsenal last season and they will be looking to repeat the same feat this season. However, I suppose Arsenal have learnt their lessons.

If Mikel Arteta doesn't win the league this year after two consecutive seasons of getting close to winning it, I think his job might be in danger. So I think Arsenal will come into this game with everything they have got to try to win this one. I am backing Arsenal to get a slim win over Aston Villa on Saturday.

Godwin Odiko's correct score prediction: Aston Villa 1-2 Arsenal 



Wolves vs Chelsea 

Chelsea will be looking to bounce back from their defeat at home to Manchester City last weekend here. The Blues won against Servette in the Europa Conference League this past Thursday, they will be looking to build on the win here. However, Chelsea have suffered defeat in the previous three league meetings against Wolves. For context, the last time Chelsea defeated Wolves in the league was in 2022. So, Enzo Maresca's men must not underrate this Wolves team.

I am going to go for a Chelsea win here but they have to be very careful of this Wolves side.

Godwin Odiko's correct score prediction: Wolves 0-1 Chelsea 



Bournemouth vs Newcastle 

Bournemouth will come into this clash oozing confidence knowing fully well that the last time they suffered defeat against Newcastle in the league was in 2020. Newcastle on their part will be looking to build on their 1-0 win against Southampton in this clash. I am going to go for a draw here as I am struggling to separate both sides.

Godwin Odiko's correct score prediction: Bournemouth 2-2 Newcastle 



Liverpool vs Brentford 

Liverpool who are normally very dangerous at home will be looking to give new manager Arne Slot a first home victory in this one. Having defeated Ipswich last time out, the Reds will be looking to build on that here. However, Brentford will not make things easy for Arne Slot's men on Sunday but I expect the Reds to get all three points here.

Godwin Odiko's correct score prediction: Liverpool 2-1 Brentford 



Follow and interact with me on all social media platforms @GodwinOdiko

Comments